Trekking with Kids
We sit down with three wonderful parents: Kelly Ramey, Carrie O’Callaghan, & Anil Gunturu, who have all gone on trekking adventures with their children. In this episode we discuss:
- Pre-trip planning
- Training- Importance of hiking and doing it with friends to keep the kids engaged
- Setting up expectations/goals with your kids
- Prep for long haul flights
- High altitude considerations
- Age of your kid is important
- On the trek – setting up the day, engaging on the trek, fun activities etc.
- Comforts from home for times of struggle
- Enjoying the trip yourself as a parent
In this final episode on trekking with children, we sit down with Carrie again to go a bit deeper into what trekking with your kids can mean for your family, for their development. We discuss what it is like for them to meet new people, time change, a new currency, and more. There is so much more gained by kids when they travel.
To learn more, visit www.embarkexplorationco.com