Cancellations, Changes and Refunds for Treks and Other Excursions:
Official cancellations must be in writing. Cancellation charges are based on the date of the receipt of written notification as follows:
- 0 – 59 days prior to trip start date: No refund to participant
- 60 – 90 days prior to trip start date: Refund of 25% of the total trip cost
- 91 days or more: Loss of the $500 deposit, all other climb fees refundable. Safari refunds outside of deposit subject to individual lodge policies.
Embark highly recommends you purchase trip cancellation insurance in case you need to cancel your trip. Be mindful that some travel insurance companies require that you purchase insurance within a certain period after paying a deposit on your trip, often 10 days, so you will want to be mindful of that detail. Check the terms of the proposed coverage carefully!
Finally, If additional changes to the trip are made while on the trip, such as new hotels or additional services, you will be billed for additional services within two weeks upon your return.
If either the United States or the host country is closed, you can have a refund with your $500 deposit.
Cancellations, Changes and Refunds for Wildlife Safaris:
Cancellations. If you wish to cancel your tour, you must submit your request to us in writing by email to Embark. Cancellation fees are based on the date we receive your written notification. Our suppliers, which include hotels, often impose additional fees or penalties for cancellations. The following cancellation fees will apply for each person per tour:
- Up to 90 days prior to departure, 50% of the deposit, plus any non-refundable deposits made on client’s behalf or cancellation fees/penalties by lodges
- 89-65 days prior, 25% of the total tour price, plus any non-refundable deposits made on client’s behalf or cancellation fees/penalties by lodges
- 64-31 days prior, 50% of the total tour price, plus any non-refundable deposits made on client’s behalf or cancellation fees/penalties by lodges
- 30 days prior or less, 100% of total tour price
Leaving a tour in progress, for any reason, will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portions of a tour, including those that are the result of your removal from a tour.
All credits from canceled trips are non transferable and must be completed within 1 year of the previous cancelation.
Changes. If you wish to make a change to your tour itinerary after the tour has been confirmed by Embark, you must submit your request to us in writing by email or postal mail. Any modification of dates or alteration of itineraries by you may incur a change fee. The fee will vary according to the type and scope of the change. Our suppliers, which include hotels, often impose additional fees or penalties for changes and cancellations. These are included in the change fee and can be substantial.